The following terms are a contract between you and the University of South Australia. By accessing, browsing or using the Care · Collaborate · Connect online training sites, whether or not you have registered for a course offered by or through Care · Collaborate · Connect , you agree to be bound by, and comply with, these terms.
1. Copyright and limited permission to use site content
The contents of this site (Site Content) are covered by copyright laws in the Australia and other countries. You may use Site Contents for personal, non-commercial purposes only and you may not otherwise copy or reproduce Site Content and you must not infringe the copyright, trademarks or other rights of the owners of Site Content.
2. Prohibited conduct
You must not:
- Collect personal information about a person without their permission, impersonate any other person or falsely claim any affiliation with any other person or entity;
- Post, email, publish or distribute material or content that defames or threatens others or contains harassing statement, discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them, infringes another’s intellectual property, (including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets), contains obscene (i.e. pornographic) language or images, is advertising or any form of commercial solicitation or is unlawful;
- Remove, disable or interfere with any security related features of the Site, take part in a denial of service type attack on the Site or otherwise interfere with or damage the Site; or
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to determine the Site’s source code.
3. You indemnify
You agree to indemnify the University of South Australia from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities, losses, payments, costs and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred by Cahoot Learning (including legal fees and costs) arising from, resulting out of or related to your use of the Site, your breach of these Terms or you breach of the copyright, trademark or other right of any person.
4. Care · Collaborate · Connect Learning’s Limitation of liability
University of South Australia Learning provides the Site and its content and services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You use the Site at your own risk and the University of South Australia:
- Gives no warranty of any kind (express, implied or otherwise) about the Site or its content including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, timeliness, accuracy and non-infringement, except insofar as any such implied warranties may not be disclaimed under applicable law;
- Have no liability to you for any loss or damage (whether to property or by way of financial loss or consequential loss) you may suffer from use of the Site, including downloading data from or through the Site or other sites linked to the Site; and
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, and whether or not University of South Australia has been negligent or otherwise at fault (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of profits, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data).
7. Privacy and Accessibility
University of South Australia at its sole discretion, may:
- Close the Site and terminate any services provided through the Site at any time and for any period or permanently; and/or
- Bar any person from accessing the Site for any period or permanently.
University of South Australia reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time without advance notice. Any change will take effect from the time it is posted to the Site. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Terms.
No failure by University of South Australia to exercise nor any delay in exercising any right, power or remedy under these Terms operates as a waiver. A single or partial exercise or waiver of the exercise of any right, power or remedy does not preclude any other or further exercise of that or any other right, power or remedy. A waiver is not valid or binding unless made in writing.
11. No other terms
Except where you are registered for a University of South Australia course, in which case you are also subject to the terms applicable to that course, these Terms set out the entire agreement between you and University of South Australia and supersedes all earlier conduct or prior agreements and understandings between University of South Australia and you in connection with your use of the Site.
12. Governing law
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of South Australia in the Commonwealth of Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
13. Care · Collaborate · Connect