Care Collaborate Connect:
Practice Certificate in Suicide Prevention
10 CPD Hours
Cost – $154 (incl GST)
Duration: 8-10 Hours
Care Collaborate Connect Practice Certificates provide online self-directed professional education in specific practice areas. These courses offer health professionals the opportunity to develop and consolidate their expertise. The online self-directed format enables practitioners to complete the training at timed and places that suits them.
The practice certificate courses are comprised of sequential modules that take about 10 hours of active learning, inclusive of interactive activities, and additional readings. Each module builds on the previous and ends with a short assessment activity. There is a final assessment at the end of each course.
Practice completion certificates are awarded following successful completion of all components of training.
Enrolment for each course is 6 months.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the components of health and wellbeing
- Identify healthy and unhealthy coping strategies
- Distinguish between person-centred and clinician-focused practices
- Describe the differences between risk and needs approaches to suicide prevention
- Use Care · Collaborate · Connect to support others
- Support others to solve their own problems
- Document coping assessments and coping planning
- Solve ethical dilemmas within a person-centred framework
- Use self-care and self-management strategies to improve outcomes for consumers
This online course comprises eight modules:
- Talking about suicide
- Attending to distress
- Coping planning
- Ethics and law